Medical Negligence – ‘Normal’ smear tests showing up abnormal results when re-tested
Under Irish law, a claim for medical negligence arises when a patient suffers injuries or death as a result of substandard medical treatment. The medical treatmentadministered must fall below the acceptable standard and must have caused the injury / death.
The main reasons patientsdecide to bring medical negligence cases are to find out what went wrong and to cover the cost of future care and treatment.
Our team specialise in medical negligence andhave vast experience in the following areas:
- Failure / delay in diagnosis of illness or injury
- Misdiagnosis of illness or injury
- Errors in Cosmetic Surgery
- Surgical Errors
- Incorrect reading of x-rays and MRI scans
- Vaginal mesh implants (Vaginal Prolapse and Urinary Incontinence)
- Product Liability
- Maternal injuries suffered during childbirth
- Birth Defects
In order to assess whether you have a case for medical negligence, we will take the following steps:
1. Arrange a consultation with you to listen to your story
2. Obtain and review your medical records
3. Instruct the appropriate medical expert to obtain an opinion on fault / liability
4. If we are satisfied you have a case, we will send a letter of claim to the negligent party and issue court proceedings on your behalf
* Irish solicitors may not calculate fees or other charges in contentious business as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement nor is it our practice to do so.